Sunday 17 March 2013

January Favourites [2013]

Hey Everyone!
Apologies on the late nature of this post but I thought I would get this up after my skincare heaven/routine postas they make up the skincare subheading of my January favourites. I have completely changed my routine around since the start of 2013 and have been absolutely loving it and every single product that I use.

Bioderma, REN Clay Cleanser, Una Brennan Face Mask,
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo & Effaclar Matt


Now on to my other favourites...
Body: I'm loving my L'Occitane body lotion! It's not too thin and not too thick and hydrates your skin without being sticky. My other favourites for body/hands are Soap&Glory related; I am sucker for a good Soap&Glory product. Their hand food is the best handcream I've every used in my opinion as again it is not too thick or not too thin. It has been a staple in my handbag for over a year now but i have rediscovered my love for it after receiving quite a few for christmas. It seems only right to now mention the hand maid hand cleansing gel... alas a hand gel that doesn't make my hands cry and smell like vodka! Not too expensive and is great for travelling.
Finally in the body section is my favourite fake tan: Asda's essential care self tanning lotion. I personally prefer this to St Moriz and the other ones I've tried as it is a gradual tanner but gives quite a lot of colour at the same time and I have been using this for nights out recently. It is VERY moisturising and most importantly, extremely cheap (about £2/3)!!

Make-Up: I'll start off with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush that I am sure everyone and their mother has, therefore I shall say nothing more than it blends any foundation/base flawlessly and is generally amazing. Next is MUA's offering of a 'Pro-Brow Kit'. It has 3 colours to choose from, a gel to set them, a doubled sided angled brush and a pair of tweezers. All for £3.50! Amazing.
Next is the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in the shade '025 Sun Glow' that is just a nice bronzer, not exactly glittery but not completely matte. I needed a new bronzer, didn't fancy splashing my cash on one, so opted for this and it does a pretty good job. Lastly for make-up is my beloved carmex. Nothing too exciting but is a great product for your lips this winter.

Nails: I literally think I have a nail obsession - my nail polish collection is gradually expanding (or not so gradually). Despite this, I have a staple base coat and a staple top coat that I cannot imagine changing any time soon. I use Maybelline's Forever Strong Pro as a base coat as it contains calcium and other nail lovin' ingredients and it avoids the yellow nails problem after removing dark polishes. Seche Vite Top Coat is my top coat of choice and is extremely fast-drying and makes your nails very smooth and your nail polish last so much longer! It is honestly worth a little extra money to avoid having to paint your nails every 5 seconds! My final favourite is one of the Hi-Shine Barry M Polishes in 'Watermelon' which is extremely shiny on the nails. I love the texture of these polishes and I feel this colour is very wearable for this time of year. I shall be trying out some more (even though I don't need any more, hehe oops.)


So there are my favourites for the January, many are underrated in the YouTube/Blogging world so thought I better mention here in my own little internet space. Hope you liked it and tell me what your favourites are this month! 
Love Alice xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig