Monday 25 March 2013

Recent Purchases #1




1 - La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat' Moisturiser - This is my second repurchase of the stuff as I loved it sooooo much the first time round. It is a brilliant mattifying moisturiser to keep my oily skin at bay all day therefore acts as the perfect base.

2 - Soap & Glory's 'Hand Food' - Again, a repurchase which is the best handcream I have ever tried.. yet. It is not sticky at all, soaks in perfectly and smells amazing. I have tried many handcreams in my time and nothing has beaten this one. It is so moisturising yet non-greasy and sooo nourishing. It's about £5 from Boots which I think is pretty reasonable for its 150ml size.

3 - Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Moisturising Stick - I already have the pot version of this lip balm and loved it so much, I knew I had to have it in stick form too! I got it on offer (and still is, I believe) for £3.66 on Escentual - link here - so it was an absolute bargain.

4 - La Roche Posay Physiological Micellar Solution - This is very similar to the highly raved Bioderma but with a better smell. It is Paraben-free which is a huge bonus to me when buying a skincare product and can be used on the face, eyes and lips. It dissolves make-up brilliantly, as does the Bioderma. I would say that at around £12 for 200ml, this is much more expensive than the Bioderma which I can get on ebay for £12-14 for 500ml. It's a nice micellar water but I don't think that it is much different from the Bioderma which I could just buy and save some much needed pennies.

5 - Nuxe Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream - Another hand cream.. I think I may have an obsession. I've wanted to try this for a while and thought that it was too expensive, but again I saw it on a deal on Escentual - link here - and thought it was the perfect opportunity to purchase it alongside the Lip balm. I never actually read how much was in it, but was pretty surprised to see it was only 75ml. Compared with the Soap & Glory one, this is half the size yet usually double the price. I have only used it once, so I can't say too much about it but it has a nice natural scent to it and is nice and moisturisng.

The Escentual nail file was just randomly thrown in there with my 2 purchases - a nice little added extra seen as I don't actually have a decent one.

I realise 4/5 products here are from French skincare brands, then a mention of Bioderma (another French skincare brand) has been thrown in for good measure. I gotta say, I sure love my French skincare brands! (yet I have never been to France!) I know if I were to visit anytime soon, I would be in those pharmacies half the time and my bank balance would suffer ALOT.

I have been buying a lot of stuff in the past couple of weeks so a recent purchases #2 is on it's way very soon....

Are there any products here that you want to buy or already have? Let me know...

                                        Twitter Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | instagram


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. That La Roche Posay cleansing water looks really nice - I want to try the effaclar duo too. Have you used it before? xo

    mybeautydaydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have, I've done a post on it if you wanna check that out! Its okay but dunno if its worth the hype as I'm not sure it actually does anything for my skin :/ xx

      Delete
  2. I love your blog and have to ask.. the shoes in your top banner/header.. where can I find them? They are gorgeous! :) Please take a look at my blog, I only recently started it so its just an introduction at the moment. www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou :) I'm not quite sure because I did it quite a while ago, sorry! You can find really nice pictures on the website 'weheartit' though :) and I'll check it out! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the rimmel eyeliner :) i really want to get the wake me up foundation

    please check out my blog if you have the time
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig