Sunday 17 March 2013

The Perfect Tourist in London [February 2013]

I absolutely love the city of London, not only does it hold famous monuments like the Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and The London Eye, but it also holds every shop you can probably think of! This is what I would do to be the perfect tourist in the city of London:

LOCATION: I would stay in a hotel around the west side of London near Piccadilly Circus/Covent Garden/Soho in order to be near the nightclubs and shops and not too far from the famous attractions.























FOOD: I would eat breakfast at 'Bill's' and have casual lunch amongst the hectic shoppers and workers in the centre at  'Pret A Manger' (there is practically one everywhere you turn!). I would eat dinner at one of the many posh restaurants London has to offer such as 'The ivy' or 'Nobu'. If I wanted something a little more casual, I would visit Bella Italia or an Angus Steakhouse.



SIGHT-SEEING: I would definitely squeeze in a river cruise down the River Thames which would allow me to see many of the sights London has. Afterwards, I would discover the breath-taking views from having a ride on The London Eye. Other sight-seeing activities would have to include a visit to Buckingham Palace accompanying a picnic in either St James park or Hyde Park. I would visit Trafalgar Square to see the fountains before heading to the museum. 
After this central area of London had being discovered, I would travel west experiencing London's 150 year old tube train to Piccadilly Circus. This area fascinates me with its digital billboards and it's huge M&M's store and different restaurants!






PARTYING (only if 18+ obviously): I would visit a top London nightclub based around the Mayfair and Soho area for a good night out. Places to go if you possibly want to go star spotting may include clubs like 'Mahiki' or 'Funkybuddha'.

SHOPPING (!!) My perfect trip to London would obviously consist of lots of shopping; in particular those shops you cannot access in other parts of the UK or even in parts of the world.
shops I would visit:

OXFORD STREET - Has lots and lots and lots of shops including Topshop and Selfridges.


We all know Topshop is one of the best clothing shops EVER, don't we?! In this particular store, you won't know where to start. I get lost in here. Pure paradise.


FOREVER 21.
I am aware stores have popped up in Birmingham and Manchester now but I would definitely come here to find some bargains. I have never been so watch this space!

ABERCROMBIE & FITCH.
The only  Abercrombie store in the UK is in London so it is definitely worth having a little look in there. The store is near Picadilly so amongst all the amazing-ness! 

HARRODS.
Despite it's expensive nature, you can find make-up brands like NYX which cannot be found anywhere else in the UK! You can buy gifts in here to give as souvenirs or to keep for yourself; it is inevitable you will find something to remember London by!

COVENT GARDEN.
Down the quaint little streets lie mainstreet shops like H&M but also vintage clothing like in a store called 'Rokit'.

REGENT STREET.
'Liberty' the department store is an essential destination for beauty lovers on Regent Street, but it includes many other stores like 'Burberry' that are rarely found anywhere else.


So if you are visiting London, I hope this helps you find ideas on what to do and if you aren't, I recommend you do!! Hope you enjoyed this post, something a little different but still tying in with the idea of beauty/fashion (London being a shopping capital and all)...
Love Alice xox



... This post is for a competition which you can also enter here courtesy of VisitBritain. The prize consists of £500 or $790. Good luck to all who enter!! ...
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I want to visit London so bad.

    -Lacey
    http://thelifewithlacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig