Wednesday 3 April 2013

Elizabeth Arden Oil Free Cleanser

Hiya everyone, hope you all had a nice easter break!

My problematic skin inspires me to try out so many types of cleansers in order to secure the perfect skincare routine, which led me on to this specific purchase. Before this, I had the REN clay cleanser which was good, but I just decided to try out another one to see if it was any better. I love the brand Elizabeth Arden and absolutely adore the infamous Eight Hour Cream, so I thought that their cleanser could be just as good...

             

           


It is a gel-soapy like formula which you work into a wet face until it lathers up. The lathering causes bubbles which makes me feel like I am rubbing soap on my face and the smell isn't the best. The smell reminds me of aeroplanes (random?!) which isn't the nicest thing. 

It makes my face feel lovely and fresh and clean afterwards which is obviously a nice quality. However, I feel it just does the job. Nothing more, nothing less. It cleanses my face and that's about it. I don't know if it's broke me out or improved my skin.. it's just a cleanser. And for the £17 I bought it at, I wouldn't say it's going on my list of repurchases. For that price, I expected something more from it, but I'm not sure what. I would much prefer to spend £7 on a repurchase of the Soap and Glory Peaches and clean cleasner.. especially when my bank balance is in trouble like it is at the moment.

I also don't like the fact this product has parabens in it. If you look at the ingredients there is quite a few. For the £17 price tag, I think that this shouldn't be the case!


Has anybody else tried it?! I'll keep this post updated if I see any changes as it may be just the case that I haven't used it for long enough. Let me know.








SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The hefty price tag doesn't sound worth it, especially if all it does is just cleanse your skin and it contains parabens!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! My REN one was only £1 more and had completely natural ingredients in!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Shame that this wasn't so great especially costing £17!

    New follower and would love it if you followed me back?

    Millie
    xxx

    milspiration.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine! I'm your new follower :)

    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig