Wednesday 17 April 2013

My MAC lipsticks

Hi everyone, today I thought I would do a post about my MAC lipsticks.
I know that 3 MAC lipsticks is very minimal to a lot of you beauty addicts out there, but I have a lot of other brands that I like too when it comes to lipsticks. MAC are amazing for lipsticks due to their extensive colour range and finishes, but I think that their increasing prices are putting many people off, especially when the high street are doing very good dupes!

L-R: Impassioned, Snob & Hue



I store them in this acryclic lipstick holder from Amazon.. I got it for around £12

Scuse the wrinkly looking hands, but these are the three shades I own.

Hue - Glaze finish. It is one of the most popular blogger nude shades from MAC and I certainly see why! As you can see from the pictures above, it is the most well used. It is just an everyday pinky nude that doesn't need much attention paying to when applying throughout the day. The finish is quite moisturising and it just glides across the lips giving a slightly glossy finish.

Snob - Satin finish. This is a bluey toned pink shade that can either go wrong or right on the lips. It looks better on darker skin tones or when I have a tan, as pale skin = me looking a little washed out. However it is nice if you don't want to wear a nude or a bright but something in between. The finish is satin; I'm not all hung up on exactly what finishes mean what, but it is fairly matte on my lips.

Impassioned - Amplified finish. This is my favourite of the three! I wear this pretty much everytime I want to wear a bold lip when I go out! It is fairly moisturising and I like to use lipliner underneath and put powder over it (then wipe it away, obviously) to set it nicely. It is such a gorgeous hot pinky coral colour that is very flattering. I am eager to try 'Girl About Town' but not sure if barbie pink is really my  kind of colour, I'm more of a corally red toned kinda gal.



Swatches: Hue, Snob & Impassioned

What are everyone else's favourite MAC lipsticks? I'd love to know so leave a comment in the comments section below! Hope you're all looking forward to the weekend!







SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Impassioned looks gorgeous, may have to invest! xx

    www.girlabouttown93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's my favourite lipstick ever! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Impassioned before! I love it. Great choice. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the Impassioned one! going to invest in it I think :)

    great post :)
    lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice collection, I do not own any. I really like the peachy one!

    xx

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really nice: definitely more nude in real life than the swatch though I find! xx

      Delete
  5. Hey :)
    I love your blog I'm really glad I happened to stumble upon it, I love all your posts and everything. There super informative and really are helpful :) I plan to follow you on GFC and Bloglovin' (if you have one).

    Maybe you could do the same to me blog? I'm a fairly new beauty and fashion blog and it would mean so much to me. Maybe you could even stop by my blog and let me know what you think. Thanks in advance if you do and again I love you blog.

    - Krystal
    captivatingkrystal.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thanks! Yes I have bloglovin, the link is on my blog hun :)

      xxx

      Delete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig