Monday 20 May 2013

Recent Purchases #5 Superdrug, Avon, ELF.


Yet another one of these posts, but I have really being accumulating beauty bits recently that I thought I would share with the blogosphere. I ordered from Amazon and ELF and also had a bit of money to spend on my Superdrug beautycard and knowing that they now sell Real Techniques; I was straight on it!


Eyelure Lashfix Eyelash Glue - After realising my Ardell Demi Wispies comes with glue in a non-reusable packet as opposed to a tube, I knew I needed an eyelash glue but didn't really want to buy another set of lashes. I found this 6ml bottle of Eyelure eyelash glue (I love Eyelure!) in the brushes/nail aisle in Superdrug so picked it up for around £3 and it looks like it will last me for ages!

Batiste have released another new product to their dry shampoo range called 'rich & elegant paisley'. The scent isn't overwhelming like the others can be and is my favourite one of them all. It leaves no horrible residue in your hair like the volumising one does and is just generally a nice one for when your hair isn't feel it's cleanest. They're currently on half price: £1.48 for a big bottle! Link here

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush This brush is honestly AMAZING. I have the Core Collection from Real Techniques which I bought solely for the buffing brush and yes, that is great, but this is just as good, if not better. It's one of the cheapest Real Techniques brushes too and is only £8.99 which is incredible for the quality and softness. I just love Real Techniques so much and really want so many more of them! I feel that this brush applies less heavier than the buffing brush but still gives a nice flawless application. Generally I love it as an everyday foundation applicator and urge you all to go try it!

MUA Nail Polish in 'Dark Pink' - The new MUA polishes look suspiciously like the Essie polishes in terms of the gorgeous white bottle and the beautiful colours. However, at £1 a pop, I am not complaning! I picked this up on a whim and the store didnt have many colours at all but if you look on the website there are some absolutely gorgeous shades!

Avon Supershock Gel Liner (£6) and the Avon Angled Precise Brush (£4)

I have never really had much luck with gel liners as I once experienced a 'fake' MAC one that I bought online and my Maybelline one dried out very quickly. I got the darkest colour which was 'Blackened Metal' and which I thought would be a black opaque colour. It is actually a grey metal-like (hence the name - stupid me!) that isn't very opaque on the lids. It kind of looks sheer and doesn't define the eyes at all. Very unimpressed with the quality of it to be honest. The eyeliner is also a tiny bit stiff so not the best brush in the world. I thought it would be better as my Avon powder brush is amazingly soft and has lasted me ages.

ELF Lip Products

Lip Stain in 'Heartbreaker' comes with a velvet like gloss on one side and an actual clear lipgloss on the other. The velvety feel is smoothing on the lips but means the colour is easily wiped off (not good when eating and drinking so don't think I could really call it a stain). However, I absolutely love the colour of this as it is pretty much my lip colour with a bit of 'oomph': some may say 'your lips but better'. I really want to try 'First date' but think I need to stay off the make-up buying for a while now, especially where lips are concerned!

Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose - This is basically a matte crayon that looks and feels lovely and velvety on the lips. I wish I had chosen a better colour as the purpley tone of Tea Rose can make me look a little washed out. It looks a baby pink shade on the website but it most definitely closer to lilac which doesn't really suit me but I'm sure I will make it work when I have a little bit more of a tan.

Lip Stain Pen in Crimson Crush - I have a Revlon Pen-like stain in a pinkish colour and love it so much that I wanted another pen stain. I love dark lips at the moment so I added Crimson Crush to my little ELF basket. I'm not super impressed with it though due to its patchy colour application and dryness on the lips, and I don't really have dry lips often. Wish I could have liked it but I wouldn't repurchase.


That's enough for recent purchases posts for a while, unless they interest you? What other posts would you like to see?



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have heard such wonderful things about real techniques brushes! I've only ever used sephora and mac brushes. I'm definitely going to pick this one up the next time I'm out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are something that are really worth the hype! So soft and give amazing finishes! xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Alice! I have tagged you in Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty - come and have a look.

    After you have done this come and tell me so I can take a look.

    Belle xx
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, you have done well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig