Saturday 4 January 2014

Best Of 2013: Face

Here is the second post in the 'Best Of 2013' series where I choose 5 products from each category and discuss them. This wasn't as hard as the lips edition, as there are 5 holy grail products I apply to my face very often. You'll see that no concealer is mentioned here, as I haven't really being using it! Read on to find out how these products work miracles on my face.





Favourite Foundation: No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation - Link
I have used this foundation for probably half of 2013 and it's definitely my favourite out of all the foundations I've ever tried. I'd love to try Armani's Luminous Silk and NARS sheer glow when I have the funds, but as this one is only £12-13, I can repurchase it without feeling too bad. It gives a lovely matte finish and a great medium to full coverage. I highly recommend for those oily skinned gals and it's recommended by Lisa Eldridge too, so I must be right!!

Favourite Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte in 'Transparent' - Link
This £3.99 powder is incredible for the price! It makes my foundation look smoother and more matte as well as keeping oil at bay. This mixed with the no7 foundation is a match made in heaven for people with oily skin. I'd love to try the Hourglass powders as they're more finely milled, but this still isn't cakey or too obvious and does the job perfectly.

Favourite Bronzer: NARS Laguna - Link
I got this recently in the NARS 'At First Sight' palette (link here) and I know it may seem cheating to include it in my 2013 favourites but I knew the second I applied it that it threw all the other bronzers out of the water! I often used Bourjois's chocolate bronzer and liked it but never loved it like this one. I know it will be my holy grail bronzer throughout 2014 and when I hit pan on the palette, the full size will have to be purchased.

Favourite Contour: MAC Blush in 'Harmony' - Link
When I first got this I wasn't too sure about it. But ever since using an angled or contour brush, sweeping this under the cheekbones gives a lovely chiselled cheekbone effect. I think it may be a bit too muddy for a blush but it is definitely a great contouring product for those that don't want to splurge on sculpting products from the likes of Kevin Aucoin and Illamasqua.

Favourite Blush: NARS Deep Throat - Link
Again, I recently received this in the NARS palette but it is just the most perfect blush. It is so much more smooth and finely milled than my other blushes (think Natural Collection and Sleek) therefore gives more of a natural finish. It looks great paired with NARS laguna bronzer for day or night. I would also love to try the infamous 'Orgasm' blush from NARS as well as 'Gina'. Oh, how I give in to blogger hype!

Let me know if any of these would be in your favourites and if not, what would be?!


Lots of Love,

Alice

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. that nars palette looks lovely (: xx

    ( www.a-little-treat.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig