Tuesday 14 January 2014

Best Of 2013: Moments/Memories

All my 'best of 2013' posts have being to do with make-up but I love doing lifestyle posts on here so I thought it would be nice to show all the best moments that happened in my life in 2013. I finished sixth form (college), got my A levels and started university so this year was a big change for me but I've loved almost every second! I properly started regular blogging this year from about Summertime onwards and have gained followers and experience and even bought a new camera so I can take lovely pics for you all. This year I've really let go of most of my anxiety too, which makes me eager to travel and do lots of exciting things this year and in the future. Yes, I have had a few blips here and there, but I have done things I thought I'd never be able to do (getting on a 10 hour flight, moving out etc) and have being quite spontaneous in some of my decisions. It makes me really determined to carry on beating the nasty thaaaang and do all the things I want to do.

Without further ado, here are some of my top moments of 2013!

1.) One Direction Concert - April


I don't seem to have any pictures from the actual concert, not too sure why! I think my sister took some on her camera and then deleted them for memory space which is a shame. I wanted to add this in as it's the only concert I've really being to this year and I gotta admit, I love a bit of 1D and fancy most of them! The show they put on was actually really good and you could tell a lot of work had being put into it both on their part and the crews. They mixed with the audience as well as performing which was nice. I'd love to see them again but unfortunately haven't got tickets for their stadiums shows this year!

2.) Sixth Form Prom - May


Not sure how my friends would feel about having their picture on my blog so I've just shown this picture of me and my bestie before we headed off to prom. I loved sixth form prom as it was so much more relaxed than my high school one and everyone got a *little* tipsy! It was nice to have a final event with everyone in your year and you could see what the teachers were like in their down time. 

3.) Holiday in Mexico - June






This was possibly the nicest holiday I've ever been on and it was definitely the nicest hotel I'd ever stayed in. It was a 5* right on the beach with gorgeous pools and even better food. The lobby was amazing; so spacious bursting with elegance and chandeliers. I would definitely go back to the hotel. if you're wondering where I stayed, it was called the 'Riu Palace Riveria Maya' in Playa Del Carmen. I recommend to anyone wanting to visit the Yucatan peninsular of Mexico! 
I also got to fly back on the Thomson Dreamliner; I was on one of the first Thomson dreamliner planes to land in the UK. Despite being in economy, there was so much room and the ceiling felt higher and just generally the cabin was more spacious. The flat screen TV's on the back of our seats were cool too. I'm not a huge fan of flying but I really enjoyed this experience.

4.) Holiday in Mallorca - July





This was my first ever 'girls holiday' and there were 14 of us girls that went. Yes, we stayed in the infamous party resort of Magaluff and it was nothing but fun! Despite staying out partying until 6am, I still managed to get up every day and have lunch in the pool bar, sunbathe around the pool and take trips to the beach. Every second was so much fun and it was possibly one of the best weeks of my life. Wish I could relive it!

5.) A level results - August

This was a big time for me as I knew that these results determined whether I got into university or not. I needed 2 A's and a B to get in to my chosen university and ended up getting an A* and two A's so I was over the moon!

6.) Starting University - September



Starting university sounds so scary and the pressure leading up to me moving in was quite intense. However, my experience wasn't as dramatic as I thought it'd be/heard stories about - I just found it to be really fun and I settled in super quickly! I think it helps that my uni isn't THAT far from where I live so I could just hop on a train home if needs be. I've loved uni so far though and cannot wait to get back there soon. The new style of learning is something I've only just got used to (it takes a while), but the social life is great and you meet so many people who I can tell will be friends for life! I also love cooking for myself and taking regular trips to the supermarket!

I hope 2014 will bring more exciting adventures. I already have a few plans made such as going to see McBusted and Miley Cyrus in concert as well as seeing the great comedian Lee Evans. I hope to take one or two holidays this year (I miss summer already!) and get a really good first year grade at university. 

This post is a response to the 'Moments That Mattered' prize draw which is run by Lloyds Bank. It's a competition in which you can win an iPad and you can enter! Go to the page on MissLucyLoves' blog here to read the details and enter :)

Anyway, let me know all your favourite moments in 2013, I'd love to hear about them!

Lots of Love,

Alice

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Sounds like you have had a fabulous year! I always love years that have lots of holidays in!!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, hopefully I will go on one or two this year!

      Delete
  2. love your prom dress and lovely memories!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a lot went on in your last year, I hope this one will be just as fun as the last one!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you had such an amazing year! I hope this one is even better <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started reading your blog and I love it so far.
    ps. one of my fav moment of 2013 was the 1d concert as well ;)
    xx, Gamze
    http://twinsandi.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig