Wednesday 11 June 2014

REVIEW | GarnierPure Active BB Cream




Garnier Pure Active BB Cream / £9.99 / Link

I've wanted to try a BB cream for a long while but have been waiting for my skin to clear up. As you may know if you've read my blog for a while, I used to struggle with acne so I've always reached for the full coverage foundations. Estee Lauder's Double Wear was my favourite at one point but now I cannot deal with the heaviness and opt for L'Oreal's True Match foundation instead which is more of a medium coverage. As summer is here and with my holidays just round the corner, I thought it was the perfect time to try out a BB cream. I have always wanted to try the blogger favourite by Dr Jart however for my first try I didn't want to splurge £20+. (Update: I just found out that it is actually on sale in Boots for £12!!)

Usually I feel BB creams are suited towards people who have almost perfect skin but this one is an innovation created for oily spot prone skin! It hydrates the skin whilst containing Salicylic acid which will help combat those blemishes. Sounds like the miracle product, right? Read on to see what I thought...



As you can see from the photos above, it blends seamlessly but looks 'barely there'. It gives the perfect amount of coverage and feels like you're wearing hardly anything. I thought BB creams wouldn't last as long but that is definitely not the case. Paired with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, my make-up lasted all day. The finish to start with is a nice mixture of dewy and matte but it definitely becomes more dewy as the day goes on, which is not really a bad thing. The smell is quite strong and I can't put my finger on it. I can only describe it as like a strong cucumber smell? I'm not fond of it but I can get past that detail for the quality of the product. It's  really affordable too however they haven't made a cheap horrible product by no means.Note that this is not the usual Garnier BB cream, it's a new release which is adhered to the more oily problem skin types. However, I would say the main downside is the colour range. I only saw the shades 'light' and 'medium'. I have 'light' and it's still slightly too light and I'm definitely not the palest gal there is! I would definitely not let that put you off though, it's something I recommend everyone gives a go!

  Pros: Finish, coverage, price, value for money, longevity.


  Cons: Smell and colour range.

Have any of you guys tried it?
Lots Of Love,

                                                  TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I use this BB quite a bit, but my favourite in this price range is the Simple BB cream <3

    xoxo

    AWS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish these came in more shades, I'd love to give it a try but the lightest shade is waaaaay to dark for me!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the Garnier BB cream for oily skin, mine is combination but I found the regular one far too shiny and much prefer a more semi-matte finish. I suffer with acne too so I'll definitely be trying this out! It reminds me of the Clinique Anti-Blemish makeup, I think it's a fantastic idea to combine makeup with skincare as often, it's makeup that breaks me out. I definitely need to try this!

    Meg | www.meg-says.com

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig