Sunday 27 July 2014

Jenny's Guest Post | 5 Minute Face

Hey everyone, I'm Jenny from Jennys Everyday Life and the lovely Alice asked me to guest post whilst she's off on holiday  :)  I've a bad habit of rambling on my own posts so I'm trying to keep this a quick one sort of. This post comes in useful those mornings when you oversleep and have a whole five minutes before needing to rush out the door. Whilst living in uni accommodation I practically perfected this routine and I thought I'd share it with you lovely people - no one wants to wake up earlier than necessary after all!













1. Concealer. This is usually a necessity in the morning, no one likes eye bags and potentially looking like a zombie. My concealer of choice is usually the Rimmel Wake Me Up as it has a really nice coverage, gives a slight shimmer and as the name suggests makes me look a little more alive awake. For blemishes the Collection concealer is a must, both take less than a minute to apply and sometimes if I'm really in a rush I'll skip the foundation and just use this and powder - the coverage is that good! 


2. Foundation. This step is optional, as I said if you're a whiz at applying your foundation or don't feel 100% happy not wearing just concealer (we all have bad skin days) then this foundation is great. Its a really good coverage and similarly to the Wake Me Up concealer this has shimmer particles which give the illusion that you're much more awake than you really are!

3. Powder. If you have oily skin or just like using powder to set your face this can be a life saver. It makes your makeup stay in place all day, perfect if you know you’re going to be out of the house a while and takes less than 30 seconds to apply. 

4. Blush. Blush can make all the difference to your makeup look, it makes you appear fresh faced and creates a glow livening up your face. My favourite at the minute is the MUA mosaic blush as it works as both a blush and highlighter in one, perfect for when you have little to no time to spare! 

5. Mascara. A must in the mornings! I think if I was really in a rush I could forgo all of the above bar concealer and just wear mascara – there’s not many occasions that I go over the door without it. A good mascara can really make your eyes pop and the Maybelline Falsies is my drugstore holy grail - giving both volume and length. 

6. Lips. I'm not really a lip balm kind of person, more of a lipstick gal and the Revlon Colourburst Matte crayon in Sultry is perfect for those rushed mornings. With one swipe you're good to go, the pigmentation is superb and I know it'll last all day, plus I absolutely love the colour - its like a nude but better! 

    I hope this comes in handy next time you're in a rush in the mornings and if you really are a whiz you can always add in eyeliner and bronzer etc. I'd also like to thank Alice again for having me, I really enjoyed this :) 
Thanks for reading, Jenny xo  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig