Friday 11 July 2014

SPF Round Up | My Favourites

I've always being very concious about applying SPF during the summer, however I believe a little UV won't hurt and I think SPF 50 during winter can be a little O.T.T. I like to apply SPF15 when out and about in the UK but on holiday, I start with SPF 30. I used to think that suncream was a horrible white sticky mess that was a pain to apply but have since then discovered products that make applying it a much more pleasant experience. I don't always apply it to my face (don't judge!) as the sun always cleared up my spots in the days of acne and suncream merely irritated my skin but I now have a product that is lovely on the skin so I shall be applying it every day on holiday this year!  SPF can be incorporated into your make-up for an every day basis but chances are when you're on holiday you won't be wearing much of that so here's my SPF round up...






Piz Biun Sun Spray SPF 15 / £5-15 / Link - This is what I like to apply when sunbathing in the garden or after a few days on holiday when I'm already tanned. It's non greasy & non sticky (as the bottle indicates) and is a spray bottle which I LOVE. Gone are the days where I had to pour suncream on my hands and make them all sticky before applying to my body... ew. It's a light spray that gives me protection yet lets me get a tan. I love it so much I've now got the SPF 30 too. May I add that in Boots and some other places you can pay up to £15 for this. If you have a home bargains or bodycare near you, head in there as it's only £5!

La Roche Posay Matte Extreme Fluid SPF 30 / £13-16 / Link - I absolutely love this for my face! It's super light and is made specifically for oily & combination skin. It feels like it's keeping my skin hydrated but not at all oily. It doesn't feel like sunscreen but gives a pleasant spf 30 protection.

M&S Face & Body Lotion SPF 30 / £9.50 (Now £4.75) / Link- I only use this on my body but as it's fragrance free & hypoallergenic, it could also be used on your face. I love how it's waterproof and isn't too sticky either. It gives a great protection for my whole body on those first few pale days on holiday! *bad times*

Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun / £3-7 / Link - Whether you've burnt slightly or not, after sun is a must have! It calms the skin and moisturises which holds your tan longer! I love this one from garnier as it's quite light and has a lovely cooling effect. You don't need no expensive after sun; anything with aloe vera will do the trick perfectly!

A lot of lip products nowadays have spf in them so I'd just recommend choosing one your favourites! Here are two lip products containing spf that I wanted to discuss. Before entering the whole beauty community, I never thought that your everyday lipbalm would contain the spf you needed in the sun; take the Pout Polish from Sleek. Therefore I used to slap on Nivea's Sun Protect SPF 30 balm on whenever under the rays. However, it is ridiculously thick and white and makes my lips look ridiculous. It's a thick spf for the sun that will, yes, give me amazing protection but when there's everyday balms that make you look normal AND protect your lips sufficiently, well it's a no brainer really. Note: I bought this ages ago so they may have reformulated it now as the packaging looks different.

What are your favourite suncreens and lip products for sun protection?

Lots Of Love,

     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I think I need to get that Nivea balm, my lips are drying out this summer! x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for some stuff to protect my skin when I go on holiday next week, so thanks for the ideas! 0fftotheraces.blogspot x

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig