Tuesday 20 January 2015

Beat the January Blues | Being Healthy

Having just passed mid January, I'm sure many of you are feeling the dreaded January Blues. With exams lurking, my life is pretty much revision and the gym so I'm not exactly on top of the world. However, I'm not uber depressed and I feel that I can make myself happy with just the tiniest little things. 
Healthy eating and exercising is essential to keeping your body healthy and happy which in turns makes you happy. Exercising releases endorphins which make us happy and eating healthily makes us feel more energised and less sluggish. I took some photos of my food; a food diary if you like, and after eating a few days like this, I weirdly noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. Anyway, it might give you some ideas of what you can eat to feel healthy and happy so I hope you enjoy. 


For breakfast I tucked into my new porridge by Rude Health. This organic porridge was something I'd never tried before and I would say it tasted pretty boring hence why I added the blueberries and raspberries. They make it even healthier so it's a win win situation! The sunflower and linseeds means this porridge is super natural and is the definition of 'clean eating'.


I then headed to the gym in my new Nike trainers and had a great workout. I had sufficient energy from my breakfast and afterwards, I headed home for lunch...

















Avacado is classed as a super food and smoked salmon is an excellent source of fish and omega 3. It helps that I absolutely love them both and especially I love them together. I added some mayonnaise and added them to some bread rolls. I'm aware the white bread rolls aren't really healthy and funnily enough I didn't like them as they were too floury and starchy so I ended up just eating the filling. I recommend putting Smoked Salmon and Avacado on some crispbreads to make it healthier - it's definitely what I'm going to start doing!




For Dinner, I had some Chicken rubbed with Nandos Medium Peri-Peri Rub and fried in Coconut oil. Coconut oil is the healthiest oil out there and tastes amazing! I like this one from Biona Organic as it's raw and smells amazing too! I roasted some aubergine, peppers, onions and sweet potatoes in coconut oil and added Quinoa. Quinoa is a great source of protein and is also a super food. You can cook it in hot water or any kind of broth or stock to make it taste even better.

So there we have a days food diary! I feel eating clean not only makes your body look good, but it also makes you feel good inside and out. I'm thinking of branding my blog as more towards 'Healthy and Beauty' as I am really interested in clean eating and health at the moment and I feel I know quite a lot about it. What do you think?

Lots Of Love,

     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love your blog! :) This post is very inspiring, keep up the great work! I'm a fan. :)

    www.officialzalona.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to be a lot more healthy this year too. :) x
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! Definitely got inspired :) xx

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig