Monday 12 January 2015

BEAUTY TIPS #2

I aimed to make this a series way back in June but I never really remember to continue with it. I always learn tips and tricks about beauty and would love the share them with you all as this is, after all a beauty blog. Here are 6 tips that you may not already know and that may be useful!



1. Keep hair rollers in for hours to let them cool. If you have naturally straight hair like me, you know making curls stay in your hair is a nightmare. I got told by my hairdresser that you should put hair rollers in hours before you go out to let them cool down whilst in your hair. If you don't have time for that, go outside for a few minutes to let them cool quickly. Taking them out when they're still hot or even just a bit warm means that they won't stay in as long as you'd like them to.

2. Use a chemical exfoliant rather than a 'beady type' exfoliant. Beads will irritate the skin which will cause redness.

3. Wash your skin with luke warm or cold water. Hot water will make your skin hot (obviously) which helps bacteria breed better. Noone wants bacteria on their skin!

4. Experiment with makeup. Do you ever stick to your everyday winged liner and a nude lippy? Well nows the time to experiment! Summer is more of a 'no makeup makeup' kind of affair but Winter is a time where you can go all out with the bright lips. I'm particularly interested in purple toned lipsticks at the moment. I saw Selena Gomez rocking quite a bright purple lip and then another which was a purple toned pink and she looked gorgeous (although when doesn't she!) I'm going to buy one so if you know of any good ones, let me know!

5. Nude eyeliner to open the eyes. Most of you are probably sighing duhhh at this one but for those of you that don't know this, it's a massive life saver especially when you've had a lack of sleep or are beating a horrendous hangover. 

6. Apply concealer in a triangle shape under the eyes. I've heard that this is great when contouring the face and for wakening up the face. This is a trick used by Kim K and she likes to set the concealer with Ben Nyes banana powder - a yellow toned setting powder.

Thanks for reading!

Lots Of Love,
     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Amazing tips- I also have a problem with curls, they never stay in! xx

    Wiyld - Beauty | Fashion | Thoughts | Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, I've just started using the triangle concealer and it is amazing!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the hot water on the skin, definitely going to wash it with warm or cold water now!
    xo, S
    check out my personal and travel blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with the nude eyeliner tip- I do it religiously when I've had to stay up during the night to finish off an essay or to revise. I also recommend investing in 'Bloodshot Eye Drops' as they remove the redness from your actual eyes if you get me!

    Dandy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Tip 5 and 6 they are definitely the ones I use the most!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig