Monday 10 August 2015

TRAVEL: A Week In Madrid

So I haven't wrote a post in a while as I've been uber busy working as you probably saw in my last few 'this week' posts. After working in London for a couple of weeks, I headed to Madrid with my boyfriend for a lovely week away. It was a nice mixture of city break and poolside holiday. Our hotel had a rooftop bar and pool which was lovely to chill by in the afternoon after a morning of sightseeing. For reference, we stayed at the Be Live Santo Domingo in Santo Domingo which was just off Gran Via - the main street, a bit like the Oxford Street of Madrid.

On the first couple of days, we walked round the local area and did a coach tour of the whole city. I went to Mercado de San Miguel on the first day and it's the most famous market in the Spanish Capital. A coach or classic red bus tour is probably the best way to see the city and you see the traditional touristy bits as well as the big city business side as well as the famous Real Madrid football stadium. We went to visit the Royal Palace and the Temple of Debod and of course, SEPHORA. (Sephora, El Corte Ingles and Duty Free Haul coming soon YAY!)










One of my favourite times was when visiting Retiro park and taking rowing boats out on the lake. It was super hot but it was nice nonetheless. It's about 5 euros for 45 mins which I think is a complete bargain! It's definitely something worth doing if you visit.




I managed to get a bit of a tan whilst I was there and it was lovely to catch the rays before returning to the disappointing british summer.


On the evenings we had some lovely food which I chomped down without taking any pictures. We visited the famous San Gines Choclateria which is famous for churros in Madrid. I also got a massage in the street by a chinese woman sat on a bucket after one too many glasses of red wine!

If you're not sure where to go if you're heading there anytime in the future, some starting points would be the Royal Palace and the Temple of Debod for some culture, Retiro Park for some relaxation and head to Plaza Mayor, Plaza Santa Ana and Puerta del sol for some eating and drinking. Gran Via and Puerta del sol (Sephora) are great for shopping too!

Lots Of Love,

Alice



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig