Sunday 28 August 2016

Finding beauty on your doorstep | The Lake District

So this is the second post in the series. My previous post was about vising Aysgarth Falls in the Yorkshire Dales and our stay in Cumbria. Today my post is about the beauty of the Lake District.

After a lovely pub lunch in Cumbria, we headed to Windermere. Windermere lake is a pretty famous in the Lakes and is about 10 miles long! The trees and hills surrounding the lake are truly STUNNING that even my camera couldn't catch it as we saw it. I couldn't believe this existed in England! We took a boat out which was £25 for 1 hour: pretty pricey but it was a motorboat and we were in the lakes after all.




We went back to the cottage for a lovely chilled night by the fire and a good game of balderdash (hilarious game!) I'd really like to return to the lakes in the future, perhaps a different part of the national park, for example Keswick.

Have you ever been to the Lake District? If so, which part and what did you do?

Lots of love, Alice xxx


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the Lake District so much it's such a gorgeous place! I'd really recommend Derwent Water in Keswick the boats are so cheap to hire here and it's so pretty!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig