Thursday 18 August 2016

Finding my blog direction!

Hello, hope you're all well!

My blog has been pretty stagnant recently, particularly with regards to beauty posts. I started my blog years ago and have had a very on and off relationship with it. I have always been passionate about the online community, whether it be bloggers or youtubers. I started my blog with beauty on the brain as I had a real passion for it after spending hours browsing youtube for the latest make-up tutorial. As I have gone through my life and gotten through university, that passion has slowly disintegrated. No longer do I get excited about the newest launch of MAC lipsticks or the new skincare brand I have discovered. Not only do I not want to write about beauty anymore, I don't even read beauty blogs anymore. What I do love to read and watch are travel and lifestyle related content. Funforlouis is my favourite youtuber; he travels the world with a real optimistic outlook and I find it inspiring. I love blogs such as Emtalks and Niomi Smart as well as all the popular travel blogs.


That is why I am now classing my blog as lifestyle and travel related! I would love to become established in this category and even though I am not currently travelling the world, I will make posts about my trips, whether they be in the UK or abroad. I have been lucky to secure a graduate job in the City of London so I am sure plenty of London posts will be coming. I am looking forward to discovering new areas of London away from the tourist spots.

I have a series of blog posts coming up called Finding beauty on your doorstep. These days it is easy to become infactuated with the desire to travel. I get it. I do too. But sometimes, people are looking at places they cannot visit and ignoring the beauty and travel opportunities within their own country. I recently took a trip to the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District and realised how truly beautiful England is. That inspired me to make this post and change how my blog is perceived. I wholly enjoy writing posts about trips I have been on; recent posts were on Corfu in Greece, Berlin in Germany and Prague in the Czech Republic. (These posts are linked if you would like to check them out.)

That's my little ramble for this evening - I hope you visit my blog in the future with perhaps a little inspiration and some pretty decent photos to look at ;)

Love of love, Alice xxx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've definitely changed my blogging style and topics over the weeks, and I actually have a draft that's awaiting to be posted with the same title! (well, similar haha). I'm so excited for your next mark in your blog life and hope well for both you and your blog!

    love from grace ♥ imaqination

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig